25 lug 2014

Why Trolley Fucsia?

After several incitations from relatives and friends, I decided to start writing about my trips around the world. 

After having visited all continents and more than 40 countries in the world, I actually thought that I have a quite complete baggage of experiences that could be useful to others!

Thanks to my dad who has been an airline Captain for 35 years who gave me the possibility to often fly at reasonable prices, and to my passion for travelling and adventure, I had the incredible chance to visit many beautiful places and cultures in all continents.
Every time I stare at sunrises in the middle of nowhere I always wish I could share it with others, therefore I took the decision to share in this blog what I experienced and hopefully give you useful suggestions, so that you can be inspired and maybe go to the adventure too.

The purpose of this blog is, therefore, not to serve as a touristic guide, but mainly to show you which gorgeous places are in the world, and motivate you to go and discover them. Not too many words, yes beautiful pictures!!

- Why Trolley Fucsia? -
Since I remember, I have been travelling for ages with my mom’s Samsonite trolley, of a bright pinkish colour which I always defined as fucsia (her favourite colour: to give you an idea it has been the colour of her bridal dress!!). One day many years ago I had stolen it from her and never gave it back.
From that moment, my fuchsia trolley became a star, and it became my trips’ faithful companion as well as a symbol of my travelling around the world.
I apologise for the wrong english disposition of words: I know it should be called "The Fuchsia Trolley", but I am sorry, even if I target an audience from all over the world, I am Italian! And I will always remember my Italian friends saying "Ahahah il mitico Trolley Fucsia!!", so here explained the strange italian-english name =)

There are many advantages in travelling with a fucsia trolley:

1. Forget about carrying weight. Why carrying heavy hand-bags or backpacks when wheels were discovered by the homo faber some 6000 years ago? Ok, they are cool, fashionable, whatever...But even for a short trip you normally take with you at least 5-10 kg of stuff and be honest, when you walk in the long corridors of the airport with the handbag you have regretted at least once not to have chosen the trolley. A trolley is much more comfortable!!

2. "Wheels are difficult to use in many places" and "wheels are not synonim of adventure" are false myths. It is not true that you are an adventurer only if you carry the backpack. I saw many 'backpackers' who are not adventurers and many adventurers who don't use the backback (like me, eheh)...
And I promise you can absolutely carry the trolley everywhere: in the hills of lake Titicaca, in the rocky incontamined Patagonia,...I don't hide that sometimes people laugh at me for this reason, but who cares ?! As my Spanish grandma always says: "vaya yo caliente, riase la gente..."
Ready for the hike in El Chaltén, Patagonia
3. With the pink you won't lose your baggage so easily. If it also happens to you that you misteriously lose and forget around your mobile phones, sunglasses, and other kind of things, the pink will always be at your sight and you will easily recognise it among the others' baggages.

4. Fucsia is not only for women. My brother and father had to use it sometimes and no one made fun of them. But if you don't like fucsia you can buy it blue or orange, it doesn't matter ;)

5. Fucsia means personality. I have always seen bright and decised colours as symbol of personality. How boring if we all carried black and grey things, isn't it?

6. You will never walk alone. You won't realise how much of a company a trolley can be until you own it. I don't know why but there is some kind of feeling between me and my trolley. Maybe because of the vivid colour or maybe because it never abandoned me during long walks. Somehow like the little dwarf in Le fabuleux monde d’Amelie Poulain, which was travelling with Amelie and photographed in different corners of the world...
Sadly, the trolley got broken in Australia, precisely while flying from Adelaide to Alice Springs. Basically one of the two wheels fell down but I managed as well to somehow use the trolley for other 3 weeks. At the end of the Australian trip, it was time to change it with another (of course) fucsia trolley, ready for new adventures! This time the pink is a little bit more “sober” though.
The end of my first trolley fucsia in Alice Springs, Australia
With my new trolley fucsia in Cefalonia, Greece
So this was to 'briefly' explain the title. Hope you’ll like the contents and find them useful...any comments are welcome and don't hesitate to ask me information whenever you are planning to travel to the destinations I have visited!!!

Enjoy the reading!

Sofia & the Trolley Fucsia

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento